Sometimes, you want chocolate. Sometimes, you want chocolate and are going to a get together where there is sure to be lots of yummy things that you would prefer a healthier alternative for. Here’s that thing!
The key here is that there is no added sugar, just some raw honey for a sweetener. On the other hand, it’s easy to over-eat these bite sized goodies, so you may want to take care. And keep them in the freezer…in about 2 minutes, you’ll have a great treat that isn’t frozen, but it isn’t so easy to just pop them (all) in your mouth!
A note on the almond butter – I made these twice, once with the almond butter I ground at the local health food store, and one with Target’s Simply Balanced almond butter, which is much wetter. The wetter almond butter worked better here.
Clean Cookie Dough Bites
Ingredients for bites:
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1 cup almond butter
2 tsp coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp raw honey
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life Dairy free chips)
For the chocolate coating:
1/2 cup chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips)
1 tbsp coconut oil
– Combine all bite ingredients in a medium sized bowl until well mixed.
– Roll into bite sized balls and set on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
– Place in freezer for 15-20 minutes to harden.
– About five minutes before you take the truffles out, prepare your chocolate coating by melting chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl, 20 seconds at first then in 10 second intervals until melted, stirring after each time.
– Use a spoon to drizzle a little chocolate over each one.
– Place covered bites back on the wax paper and allow chocolate to harden in the fridge/freezer.
Keep these in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat!
* This post contains affiliate links. For many of the brands/products I use, head here!