So, this new cookbook came out with recipes to use with the 21 Day Fix plan (but can be used with other nutrition plans – it has the nutritional info as well!). I made a few recipes from it, and here’s the first.
I made some changes to work with what I had and some ingredients that don’t work for me.
Pumpkin Energy Bites (adapted from Fixate cookbook) – makes 16 balls, each 1/2 a yellow container, 1/2 a teaspoon on the 21 Day Fix plan
1 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (leave a little out for garnish)
1 tsp pure almond extract
1 tsp pure maple syrup
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 pinch Himalayan sea salt (or regular sea salt)
– Place dates in a bowl and cover with water. Let soak for 10 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
– Place walnuts in food processor. Pulse until finely ground.
– Add dates, pumpkin, coconut, almond extract, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice and salt and pulse until well mixed. Place in a bowl. Refrigerate covered for 30 min.
– Roll into tablespoon-sized balls; roll in the reserved coconut if desired
– Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
These were delicious! I ate a bunch on my road trip this weekend and they were great snacks…just don’t pack too many! It’s easy to go overboard!